Earlier this month the BCAFM put on another great annual conference for farmers market organizers and vendors from across BC
The Artisan team enjoyed and took home valuable information from this year’s conference, which was held at the Inn At The Quay in New Westminster. The event doubled as our planing meeting venue while the Artisan team was together in one place.
BCAFM Conference Workshops
The weekend included several workshops for Market Managers, Directors and Vendors. Artisan’s GM, Tara Immell, co-facilitated a workshop called “Market Day Food Education: Providing learning opportunities for all ages” and Artisan Director, Bernie Glemas, facilitated the “Web Content Marketing 101” workshop.
Awards for Farmers’ Market Organizers and Vendors
The BCAFM’s Annual General Meeting and an Awards Banquet were hosted by Margaret Gallagher, CBC Radio One’s “Hot Air”, and featured guitarist ________ who provided a beautiful musical backdrop to the evenings events. Delicious local foods included salmon supplied by our own Ron Gorman of Wild Wild West Seafood were served.
Award recipients included Coquitlam Farmers’ Market, Creston Valley Farmers’ Market and McLeese Lake Farmers’ Market for Farmers’ Market of the Year in their respective categories as well as Artisan vendor Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm for Vendor of the Year.
Congratulations to all award recipients. Here is the complete list:
- Farmers’ Market of the Year (Large): Coquitlam Farmers Market
- Farmers’ Market of the Year (Medium): Creston Valley Farmers’ Market
- Farmers’ Market of the Year (Small): McLeese Lake Farmers’ Market
- Farmers’ Market Manager of the Year (tie): Jen Comer (Creston Valley Farmers’ Market); and Julia Zado (Coquitlam Farmers Market)
- Farmers’ Market Vendor of the Year: Forstbauer Family Natural Food Farm
- Volunteer of the Year: Gwen Settle (Abbotsford Farm & Country Market)
Photos of the BCAFM Conference
Here are a few iPhone images from the conference:
Thanks to the folks at BCAFM for putting on such a great conference!