AFMS is seeking an experienced, dynamic, articulate, sensible, visionary, consensus-building leader to manage the organization and lead it into the next stage of development. The General Manager functions as the chief administrator of AFMS. In this capacity, the incumbent is responsible for implementing policies and deliverables set by the Board of Directors, leading the organization to achieve annual goals and objectives, and overseeing the financial, program development, human resource, fundraising, and administrative management of the organization. This position reports to the Board of Directors and directly supervises the Market Managers and their assistants.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Manages finances of the organization, including the development and implementation of the annual budget and oversight of all accounting functions, revenues and expenses.
- Directs overall operation of the organization, including reviewing and evaluating the success of market and program activities and allocating resources for maximum effectiveness.
- Provides information and counsel to the Board and Committees in the creation of policies, programs, and strategic direction of the organization, and documents all activities pertaining to programs, markets, and events for Board meetings.
- Oversees the hiring, training, workflow, retention, performance appraisals, and professional development of staff.
- Assumes leadership of staff in the development and implementation of strategic plans for operations, educational programs, fundraising, and communications.
- Conducts regular staff meetings and oversees the administration of payroll.
- Reviewing vendor applications.
- Holds the organization’s vision, communicates the vision to stakeholders, and leads the team in the implementation of the vision.
- Drives all aspects of fundraising and sponsorships.
- Acts as principal spokesperson, negotiator, liaison, and advocate with other organizations, outside vendors, partners, and government agencies.
- Negotiates leases and contracts.
- Assists or directs activities associated with the Board of Directors meetings, including staffing support, meeting schedules and materials, locations, and development of agenda.
- Experience in a relevant field
- Preferable two years of Management and logistics experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Passionate about local and sustainable food systems.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning/reporting and budgetary oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective at fostering collaboration.
- High level of personal and ethical standards.
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge using Manage My Market and being comfortable using social media.
- Have valid Driver’s license
- Criminal Record Check
- Ability to work independently from a home office
This is a full-time position. The compensation package includes a competitive salary, earned sick leave, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Please send a cover letter and résumé to AFMS Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org (The cover letter ideally will be a statement about how your experience can help AFMS achieve their goals).
- Deadline for application is 09.04.2021
- Email submissions only; no mail applications or phone calls.