- 3c A.P.Flour
1/2c Cold butter cut into small pieces
1/2c Finely chopped maraschino cherries
1c + 1tbs Heavy whipping cream, separating the 1tbs
1/2c Sour cream
3tbs Maraschino cherry juice
Sugar for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 450
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, B.P., B.S and salt
Using a pastry blende, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Stir in chopped cherries.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cream, sour cream and cherry juice, whisking until smooth. Add cream mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened ( dough will be sticky )
- On a lightly floured surface, with floured hands, press dough into 1″ thickness and using a 2″ square, or round cutter, cut out the scones and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining 1tbs of cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
3rd Place Winner of the Best Scone Baking Contest at Burnaby Artisan Farmers’ Market June 2nd, 2012