- 3c Flour
- 2tsp B.P.
- 1c Sugar
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1 Egg yolk
- 3/4c Butter, Lard or Half & Half
- 1c Seedless Raisins
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2tbs Water
- Heat oven to 450
- Sift dry ingredients together
- Cut in butter/lard/half & half, add raisins and stir together
- Beat egg in small bowl and add milk to make 1 cup.
- Stir egg mixture into flour.
- Knead dough for 15 minutes on floured board.
- Roll out to 3/4 inch thickness and cut into triangles.
- Place scones on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with egg mixture of egg yolk and 2tbs of water.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Bottoms can burn easily.
Janice Bobic of My Father’s Garden, winner of the ‘Best Scone’ Baking Contest at Burnaby Artisan Farmers’ Market, June 2nd, 2012