BURNABY FARMERS’ MARKET SHOPPING SPREE
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Burnaby Farmers’ Market Shopping Spree (the “Shopping Spree”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least 19 years of age or older at the contest start date for legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United States (including the District of Columbia) (excluding Florida), who are 21 years of age or older for legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida). Employees and members of the Board of Directors of the Artisan Farmers Market Society, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee or board member are not eligible.
2. SPONSOR: The Shopping Spree is sponsored by the Artisan Farmers Market Society, a British Columbia organization, with an address at #109 – 9259 Edward St., Chilliwack, BC, Canada V2P 4C5 (the “Market”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Shopping Spree constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Market, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: Entries to the Burnaby Farmers Market Shopping Spree are required to submit their entry in person during the regular hours of the Market (Saturdays, between 9 am and 2 pm) starting on July 6, 2019 and concluding on July 27, 2019 (for the July Draw). Entries for the August Draw may be submitted in the same manner starting on August 3, 2019 and concluding on August 31, 2019.
5. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the contest by filling out a coupon from the What’s On! Burnaby magazine or one of ballots provided at Burnaby Farmers Market. No purchase required to enter. Entries must be legible and include full name and telephone number.
6. FOR ALL ENTRIES: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per market day, regardless of method of entry or number of submissions made. Additional entries will be disqualified. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void.
7. RANDOM DRAWING: At the end of each month, the Market will select one winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Market will attempt to notify a potential winner within seven (15) days of a drawing. Selected entrants will be contacted by telephone. The Market is not responsible for any entrant’s change of telephone number. In order to win, the selected entrants must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical aid and all selected entrants must be eligible according to the official rules. In the event a selected entrant cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of prize notification, another entrant will be drawn. The winner agrees to release Market from any and all liability for any and all damages related to or resulting from the Shopping Spree or awarded Prizes.
8. PRIZES: For each month of July and August, 2019, one (1) winner will receive a $100 Shopping Spree at Burnaby Farmers’ Market. Prize winners will have one hour on a mutually chosen day to complete their Shopping Spree. Prize winners must complete the Shopping Spree within a time period set by the Market, or the prize shall be forfeited.
9. ALL EXPENSES, COSTS, AND TAXES NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED ABOVE ARE SOLELY THE WINNER’S RESPONSIBILITY. The approximate retail value of the prize is $100 CDN. Any items selected in the Shopping Spree that exceed $100 are the responsibility of the Prize Winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation. The Market will not replace any lost or stolen ballots. The prize is not transferable. No cash or other substitution is allowed except as determined by the Market in its sole discretion. THE PRIZE MAY BE REPORTED AS INCOME TO A WINNER AND THE WINNER MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND REPORTING OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF A PRIZE. CONSULT WITH YOUR TAX ADVISOR FOR MORE INFORMATION.
10. PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY: By entering the Shopping Spree online, you authorize the Market the right to use your name and photo in conjunction with the publication or press release about the Shopping Spree.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Shopping Spreeis impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Market may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Shopping Spree to address the impairment and then resume the Shopping Spree in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Market reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Shopping Spree or to be acting in violation if these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Shopping Spree may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Market reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Market to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Shopping Spree is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
You must allow a story and photograph of you shopping with your shopping spree money, what you purchased, and your name to be published.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, in cases of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Market, or in cases of breach by the Market of any of its obligations under these Official Rules, by participating in the Shopping Spree, youagree not to make any claim against the Market, its members (including but not limited to member hotels or attractions) its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) relating to your participation in the Shopping Spree or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Shopping Spree; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Shopping Spree or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Shopping Spree or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree to compensate any of the Released Parties if they incur or suffer any loss, damage, or other liability as a result of your negligence or breach of these Official Rules. And you agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Shopping Spree, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Shopping Spree or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Market in connection with the Shopping Spree, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than British Columbia.
14. SHOPPING SPREE RESULTS: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Artisan Farmers Market Society, #109 – 9259 Edward St., Chilliwack, BC, Canada V2P 4C5. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.