For 4 PEOPLE
- 4 Large Croissants
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese Softened
- 16-20 Large Ripe Strawberries – Sliced Thinly
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla or 2 tbs Grand Marnier liqueur
- 3 Tbs Butter
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise and spread cream cheese on both sides. If the croissants are freshly baked they can be sliced and left overnight or 1 day old croissants can be used.
- Place strawberries evenly one one side and then put the two halves together.
- Beat eggs, cream, sugar and Grand Marnier until they are well blended
- Pour sauce into dish, or dishes, that will accommodate the four croissants, then lay them in the sauce for a couple of minutes turning so each side is well absorbed but not soggy.
- Heat a large frying pan, or griddle, melt the butter and place the croissants on and cook on each side for approx. 3-5 minutes depending on temperature. Make sure that they do not burn.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve on a warmed plate with two kinds of fresh fruit and whipping cream. Serve with warmed Maple Syrup.