October 10, 2019
Making Thanksgiving Dinner?
Check out these Special Thanksgiving Eats for you to Pick Up at The Markets!
Rockweld Farm will be at Burnaby with their whole free range, non-medicated, chickens, weighing between 2.5 and 4 kg! Now that’s a big bird!
All Rockweld’s chickens are SPCA Certified and fed by Canadian Organic Feeds Ltd. As a special “Thank You” to their loyal Burnaby Market Shoppers, Rockwell will give you 10% Off on these chickens, this Saturday only! Just mention you read it in the newsletter.
Redl’s Home Grown Beef will also be at Burnaby this Saturday, if strictly grass-fed beef is more to your liking! No chemicals used on this fare!
Farm Circle Organicswill be at Lonsdale Quay with:
- A range of organic squash: butternuts, acorn, red kuri, delicata, festival, and black futsu
- All the organic trimmings: potatoes, carrots, salad mix, broccoli, onions, shallots, garlic, parsley, radicchio and a lot of apples!
- Organic Sugar Pie Pumpkins – Sugar Pie Pumpkins are the traditional pumpkin for making pumpkin pies. This is because of their sweet, fine grained, orange flesh which is often firmer and less stringy than their carving cousins.
Stein Mountain Farm and Snowy Mountain Organics will be at Burnaby and Ambleside with a large assortment of organic produce along with other growers!
Gary’s Patisserie will be at Burnaby with their unique Pies in the Jar people are raving about! Each jar serves one or two people and they make a great host gift.
- Pumpkin Pie in the Jar with pumpkin, cinnamon spice, gingersnap cookie, and a layer of cream cheese
- Carrot Cake in the Jar with carrots, walnuts, raisins, and pineapple