See my “Top 5 ways to enjoy your favourite farmers’ market” blog post to learn how you can enjoy there products all year round.
Here’s three of them here:
#5 Stock Up
Many of our vendors experienced very strong sales on their last market days since this is exactly what customers were doing.
#4 Contact a vendor and ask if they deliver
Believe it or not, you can even ask for jam to be delivered to your door! Go to artisanmarkets.ca/vendor-profiles to find contact information, or check if your existing SPUD.ca delivery offers the farmers’ market products you love including Coconama, Golden Ears Cheesecrafters, Cowichan Pasta Company, Granola King, Tiny Tummies, ,
#3 Find your favourite vendors’ names
Looking up a vendor profile works by the vendor’s name. If you don’t have a name, look for where you remember the vendor’s tent being located on any particular week:
Burnaby Lonsdale Ambleside
#2 Contact a vendor and ask where they will be selling
Many of our vendors have busy Christmas schedules, so ask when and where they’re selling. In some cases, a vendor will have either their own store front or be selling in a store, so be sure to check into this possibility.
#1 Visit a Winter Farmers’ Market this winter
If you’re in any of the below neighborhoods, be sure to stop by these markets and see who is selling. You will see many familiar market faces from our markets’ vendors at these locations:
- Abbotsford, Montrose Avenue at George Ferguson Way, weekly, 9am – 1pm, Ends Dec 16
- Langley, Kwantlen Langley Campus, monthly, 10am – 2pm, Nov 4, Dec 9, Jan 13, Feb 10, Mar 10, Apr 14
- New Westminster, 600 block of Belmont St., 11am – 3pm, 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month. Ends Apr 21
- Squamish, The Adventure Centre Just Off Hwy 99, weekly, 10am – 2pm, Ends Dec 16
- Vancouver, Nat Bailey Stadium, weekly (except Dec 30), 10am – 2pm, Ends Apr 21
- Port Moody, Port Moody Recreation Complex, weekly, 10am – 2pm, Ends Apr 29
- Richmond, Gulf of Georgia Cannery, 10am – 3pm, Oct 15 & 29, Nov 12 & 26, Dec 3, 10 & 17, Jan 28, Feb 11 & 25, Mar 11 & 25, Apr 8 & 22
- Vancouver, Hastings Park at the PNE Fairgrounds, weekly except Dec 24 & 31, 10am – 2pm, Ends Apr 29